Friday, February 4, 2011
HOW TO: Untethered Jailbreak Using GreenPois0n RC5 for iOS 4.2.1
Greenpois0n 1.0 RC5 ***
Description of the software:
greenpois0n will Jailbreak your iDevice.
- iPod Touch 2G (all bootroms)
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPad 1G
- iPhone 3Gs (all bootroms)
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 Verizon (_not_tested_)
- AppleTV 2
Requirements (check this !)
- A supported device (see above)
- The device should run iOS 4.2.1. Please check on the device in the Settings -> General -> About page.
If your device is running an older version, please upgrade iOS first using iTunes.
*** If you want to SIM Unlock, preserve your baseband using TinyUmbrella ¬®***
- at least MacOSX 10.5
Notes (checks this also !)
- If your device is jailbroken with iPhone Dev Team's Monte, please restore to fresh 4.2.1. first
- If Cydia doesn't show up after Loader, you may need to reboot the device
-This version of greenpois0n doesn't include a patched activation system. You'll need to activate your device using iTunes
- WE DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY !
1. Plug the device to your computer using the USB cable
2. Quit iTunes if it shows up
3. Start greenpois0n.app
4. Follow instructions
5. The device will boot a 1st time with verbose text on screen. This operation will install the jailbreak on the device.
6. The device will reboot normally
7. Start the Loader application (green icon on the SpringBoard), and follow instructions to install Cydia