2 - Double press the "Home" to display "Play" Music Menu
1. If you're scrolling through a long document/page in Safari - if you tap the bar at the top of your screen containing the time and battery, Safari will automatically scroll up to the top of the document/page and the show address bar.
2. Turn off WiFi and SSH (using Services from Installer) to save battery power when not in use.
3. Double clicking the home button in any application, or with the screen off will bring up the music controls.
4. Make sure to completely close apps when you are done with them to save battery power. This is accomplished by pressing and holding the home button for approximately five seconds. This boosts battery life big time if you run lots of different apps all the time.
5. Holding down letters on the keyboard will pop up the accents/symbols associated with those letters. Once it pops up, slide your finger over to the accent/symbol you like.
6. Whilst in Mail's inbox view, sliding your finger from left to right on a message the 'delete' button will appear. This also applies in the list view of the Videos application.
7. In Safari double tap to zoom in. You can also "pinch" (putting your thumb and index finger on the screen and pinching in and out) to zoom in Safari and in Pictures.
8. You can charge your iPod Touch from any powered USB port. Such as a computer, printer, media centre. The device does not have to have iTunes installed to provide power to your iPod Touch.
9. Need a spare cleaning cloth for your touch, or an extra cloth to rest your iPod touch on while at work or school? Just go to your local vision care store (or pharmacy) and get an eyeglass/sunglass "cleaning cloth". Cheap and works great!
10. When watching a video, tap to bring up the onscreen controls. When you are done watching a video make sure you press done so your progress will be saved.
11. If you want to set a picture as a permanent background (and not only in the "wake" screen) Set the picture as a background in settings or directly from the picture gallery then off the theme wallpaper in the SummerBoard settings.
12. When typing a lot of text in Safari turn it to horizontal view. The keyboard will be bigger and you can get a better grip of the Touch while typing with two thumbs.
13. When typing if you want to add something from the numbers keyboard just hold down the numbers and slide your finger to the number or symbol you want, and release. It will take you back to your letters keyboard. This way you dont have to tap numbers, tap your number, then tap numbers again to go back. This also applies for using the 'shift' key to apply capital letters.
14. When in Safari, if you are presented with a link, hold your finger over the link, and a bubble will appear showing the URL that the link is tied to.
15. In Safari since you can't open links in a new windows, you can open a new page, tap the bookmarks icon, tap the history folder and direct yourself to the last page you were just on and tap the link from there.
16. When listening to an audiobook, iTunes and your iPod create a new chapter list unrelated to the subject of the book. It's accessible using the same control used for viewing audio tracks (upper right of screen).
17. Make a spelling mistake? Press and hold the word you spelt wrong and a magnifying glass will appear. Slide your finger back and forwth to move the cursor.
18. When you're on a website that has a frame or an iframe with scrollbars in it, use two fingers on that frame to scroll that window and back to a single finger to scroll the whole page.
19. When typing, if you press the space bar twice after a word it will insert a period and another space.
20. If you wish to use the horizontal keyboard to chat on AIM, MSN, Yahoo, GTalk, ICQ, etc. Using Safari go to the site www.meebo.com and use it there.
21. Press the home and sleep buttons togeather to take a screen shot.
22. Spell a word wrong? Press spacebar once to let predictive text replace word.