- iPhone dev-team has just updated Redsn0w to version 0.9.6rc12 to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12 should fix any lingering issues with the boot animation.
- The official change on the Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12:
Those running redsn0w may have noticed we enabled too many Settings options in some versions of the jailbreak (for instance, what you want your side switch to do, even if you have no side switch because you’re not using an iPad). Release rc10 rc12 of redsn0w corrects that (you can just run it over your existing jailbreak…be sure to de-select Cydia to avoid package conflicts).
- Along the way, we’ve also added the option to enable boot animations…these animations can be installed via Cydia, but be sure to select which animation to use via the Settings->Bootlogo setting after you’ve downloaded an animation (and again, you can just run rc10 rc12 over your existing jailbreak…be sure to de-select Cydia to avoid package conflicts).
- (The boot animation we tested against was “Android Boot Logo”. It correctly installs all the dependencies needed to run the animation at each boot).
- You can follow our previous guide posted here to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad for Windows and Mac.
- Note: for who rely on ultrasn0w unlock please stay away from Redsn0w and iOS 4.3.1 until the dev-team fix the ultrasn0w on iOS 4.3.1.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12 (Mac)
Download iOS 4.3.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
Download iTunes 10.2.1 for Windows / Mac OS X
[Source: Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12 4.3.1 Untethered Released with Bugs Fixing]